September 2017 – The school moved to new premises at Chinna Neelankarai, Chennai.
Vocational training up scaled with 2 looms through donor support.
Initiated farming for students in collaboration with Terra Foods. Hands on training for students for weighing, cleaning and sorting vegetables.
February 2015 Students bagged prizes in Inter School Cultural competition – JAVATE organised by Lady Andal School, Chennai.
- Two students joined mainstream schools.
- November 2014 – Training to staff and parents by Dr. Mallika Rama Rao, Senior consultant.
- March 2012 – Students and parents trained in Avaz – a communication device.
- Formalisation of uniforms for students
- Collaboration with Global Hospitals & Health City for individual speech therapy.
- April 2012 – Bagged the “Dr. Leo Kanner Award for Best Organisation” from The Mind Research Organization, Salem Workshop for parents
about diet, medication and general well-being by experts.
- All students and parents were covered under Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme.
- March 2011 – 1 st Annual Day celebrations.
- January 2011 – Dr. Roy Sanders, Director Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Center and Director of Psychiatric Services – Marcus Autism centre Atlanta USA along with Dr. Dana Zavatkay & Ms. Crystal Bowen, Language Acquisition Specialists visited and congratulated the Chrysalis staff for their invaluable work in providing quality services to children with autism and commented that it was a top notch school on par with international standards.
- January 2011 – 45 parents benefitted from the workshop “Understanding Basic Principles of ABA & Strategies for Effective Behaviour Support Program at Home” conducted by Dr. Dana Zavatkay.
- January 2011 – 38 professionals benefitted from the workshop “ABA, Behavior Disorders in Autism and Effective Classroom Management”.
- June 2011 – 2 students join mainstream schools.
- June 2010 – Weaving classes became part of the regular curriculum.
- Student strength increased to 27 and 9 staff.
- January 2009 – One-on-one communication classes were introduced.
- January 2009 – Dr. Dog programme introduced to expose the children to dog therapy in association with Blue cross volunteers.
- March 2009 – Joint compression sessions were administered under Dr. Nirmala Venkatesan’s, advice. (Senior Occupational Therapist).
- March 2009 – 1 st Annual Sports Day presided by Mrs. Nandhini Santhanam, Co-Founder – The Lotus Foundation.
- June 2009 – Experiential learning through outings began.
Our first step towards inclusion, two students joined.
- Major Swaraj Roy, Adventure Zone helped in developing rock climbing, obstacles courses, rappelling in the school premises.
- December 2009 – One more student joined a mainstream school.
- E-kids, an ICT educational software was developed and installed by E-solution point to enable children to learn through play way method.
- April 2008 – Fun activities through summer camp.
- February 2008 – Home Management programme began with OT and DLs.
- Obtained recognition from District disability Rehabilitation office and Rehabilitation council of India.
- Music classes and speech therapy, VAKT with visual learning sessions were
- June 2007 – Roshinipriya Trust inaugurates Chrysalis with 6 students and 6 staff
- August 2007 – Our first web presence – website launch .
- Dec 2007 – Networking with organisations began, Dr. Quades, Head of
Homeopathic Association, Andhra Pradesh visited Chrysalis Regular yoga classes began for students following the yoga workshop by Dr. Prema & Dr.
Chrysalis had the first set of
interns from Holy Cross College